[Zope] SLQ-connection Pooling

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk@forbis.lt
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 11:54:46 +0200

On Thursday 08 August 2002 11:10, Dario Lopez-K=C3=A4sten wrote:
> or not. I am using DCO2 and we are using PythonScripts and External
> methods to execute the queries - zsql-methods use too much memory (that=
 is
> sometimes not released) and are too slow for what we need to do, aside
> from the fact that we cannot use bind-vars in zsql-methods=20

What is DCO2? Is it DCOracle2 for Oracle DB or something else?=20

If you use Oracle with DCOracle2, then yes, you can't use bindings and ca=
n't=20
user IN/OUT procedures in ZSQLMethod and you should do this in ExternalMe=
thod=20
or (much better) in ZProduct. But you still does not in the current=20
transaction. ExternalMethod in this case is not so good solution because =
it=20
is slower, difficulty transportable, has bad intergration to your project=
 etc=20
(IMHO :).

--=20
Sincerely yours, Bogdan M. Maryniuck

"sic transit discus mundi"
(From the System Administrator's Guide, by Lars Wirzenius)