[Zope] calling a value?

Jim Kutter jim@ebizq.net
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 11:57:07 -0400

I have a very strange problem, that probably stems from me being new to =
python

I have a script that does this

now =3D DateTime()
session_id =3D now.millis()

# write to DB with session_id

# set cookie with session_id

the problem is that it seems that session_id holds an instance to =
now.millis(), because the session_id value in the database is a few =
milliseconds earlier than the session_id value stored in the cookie. It =
seems to me that referencing session_id *calls* now.millis() and passes =
that value to the db and cookie methods.

Is that possible? Is that what's happening? I just want a long int out =
of millis() (I tried casting it six ways from sunday too - no luck)

-jim