[Zope] ZODB Conflicts

Gilberto Pereira gil@peopleware.pt
Thu, 08 Aug 2002 20:47:19 +0100

Hi all...

I have a "problem" that i would like to know more about...
Sometimes, my Zope server window shows a message like:
INFO(0) ZODB conflict error at object... (n conflicts since startup...)

I'm guessing it happens when two users access the same published object
at the same time...
Zope treats this problem by (guessing again) serializing the requests,
and all ends well...

But i can't stop thinking i'm doing something wrong (or at least i'm
forgetting to do something)

Is this procedure normal??? Or is there a way of preventing this
(besides turning the -D option when launching zope server) ? What i´m
really asking is if there´s a product i should inherit when i build my
own products in python, or take some other measures to prevent this
behaviour.

The products i´m talking about are mainly to fetch and treat data stored
in an external database.

I'm using Zope 2.5.1 (binary release, python 2.1, win32-x86), python
2.1.3, win32)

If there´s someone out there who can give a help about this, i would
appreciate.

Cheers
Gil