[Zope] problem with ZEO

Gustavo M. Palomares Reyes gpalomares@proceso.com.mx
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 16:52:38 -0500

Ok,

I have in mi ZEO_start script this
###zeo_start
#!/bin/sh
reldir=`dirname $0`
exec python $reldir/lib/python/ZEO/start.py -S
main=StorageConfig:main_storage -p 8800 -h 10.10.10.2\
  ZEO_SERVER_PID=$reldir/var/ZEO_SERVER.pid \
  STUPID_LOG_FILE=$reldir/var/ZEO_EVENTS.log \
  "$@"

my StorageConfig.py :
import ZODB.FileStorage
main_storage=ZODB.FileStorage.FileStorage('/usr/local/Zope/var/Data.fs')
When I start ZEO whit the -S option it sents errors when one of my ZEO
clients try to connect.
but when I kept out the -S  main=StorageConfig:main_storage all my clients
starts ok.

What is the difference running the zope with or without the -S parameter?

The other issue that i have is this
i have three pentium working with ZEO thwo clients and one server. The two
clients are balanced with a load balancer. When I start  my two Clients, it
seems like everithing works fine, but when I connect my squids (on both
clients machines to accelerate the site) to those ZEOclients, the site hangs
a lot, and some times never respond (the browser keeps thinking).

And when i disconnected ZEO( my both clients and my Server) and only start
Zope as usual (only one instance on the main server) and connect both Squids
to that instance the site works fine. Do you have any Idea why this happens?

A month a go everithing was workinf fine, last sunday the disck  of my Main
server (wher the Zserver is) filled up. So what i did ,was remove logs and
other unusual files to free some sapce, but when I started the ZEO Server
and the clients, the hangs started.  So i thought may be some files where
corrupted becuase of the disk full. So I made a new installation of Zope
with new ZEO (both main server and client machines) thinking that this could
solve the problem, but it didnt. Just for the record I copied all the
Data.Fs and Data.fs.* of my old installation to the new installation.

Is there any possibility that the Data.fs be corrupted because of the disck
full? And if so why it works fine whit one Zope and with Zeo dont (remember
I use squid to accelerate ZOPE)?

Thx
Tavo