[Zope] Low Cost Linux Web cluster? How? - Performance

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Fri, 09 Aug 2002 12:51:33 -0400

On 9 Aug 2002 at 17:54, Andreas Jung wrote:

> > We're planning to use mod_backhand (spread) or something like it to
> distribute web
> > requests to ZEO clients on multiple machines..
>
> You should think about using Squid as reverse proxy when your content is
> mostly static...this will improve your performance significantly and reduce
> your costs for ZEO clients.

Thanks for your suggestion. However none of the data is static except a few images.
All pages have dynamic content pulled from a database.

This site is for an export brokerage company that reships packages on common
carriers in "the destination country". We automatically track all shipments on all carriers
(25+ different carriers) and present the customer with a single uniform view of all their
shipments, export status, charges and tracking details.

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
AOL-IM: BKClements