[Zope] Using Zope for Development, but export result as plain HTML?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 16:04:47 +0100

Timo A. Hummel wrote:

> I've found many situations where I'd like to do a certain project in
> Zope, because it is much simpler to do automated menu's, content
> management and such, but there's no Zope support on the customer's
> server. Does anybody use Zope for develop Sites, but export them
> afterwards as HTML?

I suppose you could do, but you loose a lot of the benefits of Zope in so doing.

> If yes, what are the things somebody should take
> care of and how to export a Zope site properbly?

Just use wget recursively...

BTW, I better course of action might be to look at getting Zope onto your
customers' servers.

cheers,

Chris