[Zope] Developer ZEO setup: server and two clients on one machine, one for debugging?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 16:53:41 +0100

Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:
> Is it practical/possible to set up the ZEO server and two clients, one for
> requests and one for console debugging, on a WindowsXP Laptop with 1 NIC
> (DHCP, 1 IP addr and 'localhost')?

Should be, I've done it on a Windows 2000 laptop before...

> I need advice on what and where to
> install various duplicate Zope components when its all going on one machine.

What I'd do is install your Zope base and set up three INSTANCE_HOME's:

one for your ZEO storage server
one for your ZEO web client
one for your ZEO console client

> Is Zope 2.6 CVS a better version to run in this context, since there are no
> production-ready issues here?

No. I'd stick with Zope 2.5.1 and ZEO 1.0 final

cheers,

Chris