[Zope] zope, virtual hosts

Mark McEahern marklists@mceahern.com
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 20:21:12 -0500

> yeh, zope needs to be up and running if you want to hit it through a proxy
> such as a apache. the way i do my zope server is i run it on one port and
> then proxy it out via apache via mod_rewrite and mod_proxy. works like a
> charm.

Thanks.  I now have it working:

  sudo -u apache ./start -a 127.0.0.1

The -a is necessary for me because I probably don't have my network setup
correctly.

> if you are on linux (i'm not), then you'll probably want to start it up
> via a start script in /etc/rc.d/init.d or rc.local. i use bsd* and don't
> remember the details. you can also start your zope manually from the
> command line if you just want to make sure your proxying is working prior
> to adding it to the startup files.

Yes, I'll be looking to see if someone else has contributed an /etc/init.d/
script.  Is it just me, or is there a billion slightly different
documentations for getting Zope running under Apache?

Cheers,

// mark

-