[Zope] take away an assigned role from a user

Jens Dobberthin jdobbert@imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:15:07 +0200

to be more precise...

Assume the following path a/b/c where <a> contains the user folder. I assign
some roles to a user in <a>, but in <b> I want to take away one role. Is that
possible ?

BTW, I testet the NuxUserGroups-Product. Having groups is a very nice feature
and very essential to a CMS. But it lacks in one way: there is no clear
relation between groups and roles.

What do I need:
Usally, a user can be assigned to one or more groups and in every group he
has one ore more roles.  Then I can grant (or deny) access to a folder
because of the membership to a group. The permissions that users have in this
folder are derived from the roles of that group that I granted access to. One
advantage is that I have central place to manage my users and their
permissions.

Viele Grüße,
Jens.