[Zope] multiple issues: ie vs mozilla/manage_workspace/traceback/phantom directories

Ricardo Anguiano anguiano@codesourcery.com
12 Aug 2002 12:55:38 -0700

Greetings Zope Community,

I have a few issues I hope someone can help me resolve.  Here are the
vital statistics.  If I left anything out please let me know.
Pointers to helpful documents are much appreciated.

        Zope 2.4.1 (binary release, python 2.1, linux2-x86), python 2.1.0, linux2
        Zope 2.5.0 (binary release, python 2.1, linux2-x86), python 2.1.2, linux2

ie vs mozilla
1. This is happening on the 2.4.1 site.  Occasionally I run across one
   of my pages which I can edit using IE and not mozilla.  When I go
   to the /manage interface in IE, I get the folders and the tabs
   across the top like a regular manage_workspace.  When I go to the
   /manage interface using mozilla, the page displays as it would when
   I normally load it, as if I had clicked on the view tab.  What do I
   need to be able to edit all my pages using mozilla/netscape.  I
   have only seen this on my Zope 2.4.1 site.

manage_workspace
2. This is happening on the 2.5.0 site. Currently, I have a broken
   page.  When I enter the URL into a browser I get a Zope traceback.
   If I try to edit the page using the /manage administrative interface
   I get a display of the traceback and not the regular
   manage_workspace.  This is a similar problem to #1, but this is
   happening only on pages with traceback.  How do I get the regular
   interface back when I have a problem like this?

traceback
3. This is happening on the 2.5.0 site. What's going on in this traceback?

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 150, in publish_module
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 114, in publish
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 158, in zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: credits)
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 98, in publish
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 88, in mapply
    (Object: binutils)
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 39, in call_object
    (Object: binutils)
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/OFS/DTMLDocument.py, line 127, in __call__
    (Object: binutils)
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py, line 473, in __call__
    (Object: binutils)
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_In.py, line 654, in renderwob
    (Object: binutils_contributors)
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py, line 493, in setstate
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/zLOG/__init__.py, line 129, in LOG
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZLogger/ZLogger.py, line 17, in log_write
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZLogger/stupidFileLogger.py, line 27, in __call__
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZLogger/stupidFileLogger.py, line 79, in stupid_log_write
IOError: (see above)

phantom directories
4. This is happening on the 2.5.0 site.  I have a directory structure
   which looked like this:

        http://example.com/foo
        http://example.com/foo/f1
        http://example.com/foo/f2
        http://example.com/foo/f3

For some reason links pointing off into f1 and f3 from foo's
index_html document come out as tracebacks, when followed.

When I manage the foo directory, only f2 is shown in the left frame.
If I enter the url manually (/manage/example/foo/f1/manage_main,
manage_workspace displays the missing page just fine. The dtml appears
ok.)  Any ideas why the links are broken and why the directories are
missing, but there when explicitly requested?

Thanks,
--
Ricardo Anguiano             anguiano@codesourcery.com