[Zope] href path

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 20:53:32 +0200

Jose Gerardo Amaya Giron writes:
 > > > Thanks Dieter This do the trick, but I can now download the files but
 > > > not view them as a browser can do. What else do I need to accomplish
 > > > that
 > >
 > > What do you mean 'view them as a browser can do'?
 > >
 > > Perhaps you need to set the correct content type on the file objects?
 >
 > Thanks for the reply Chris. That's what I need to do, but I don't know
 > how to manage the content type, some tips please?
When I remember right, your files are in the file system and
not inside Zope? Right?

  Then, there is no easy way to access then as a browser does.

  You can use "LocalFS" (installation will be a bit problematic, but
  a recent message on a Zope mailing list has a solution),
  "ExtFile" or "ExternalFile".
  All these products allow (in different ways) to access
  files from inside Zope.

  You can also use an External Method to read and serve
  your files in the file system. Search the mailing list
  archives for "open", to get examples.

Dieter