[Zope] startup script for red hat linux?

Mark McEahern mark@mceahern.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:10:36 -0500

[Ed Leafe]
> > Anybody have an /etc/init.d/ startup script for Zope for Red Hat Linux?
>
> 	I just added this line to /etc/rc.d/rc.local:
>
> 	/usr/local/ZopeBase/start
>
> Just be sure to turn off the -D option in the default start script, or
> you'll hang the system as it waits for you to quit Zope.

Ed, thanks for that tip.  Is this documented anywhere (the fact that when
you want to setup Zope as a service on Red Hat, you need to change the
default start script)?  Why is -D hard-coded into start like that anyhow?

I'm tempted--despite how relatively clueless I am--to write yet another
HOWTO describing my experiences getting Zope working with Apache.  I suppose
it'd be more effective to try to contribute to some canonical reference,
though.  Er, I mean, find, read, and grok it first, of course.  Is there
such a thing?

Thanks,

// mark

-