[Zope] Help!!!

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:02:40 +0200

William P Hewitt writes:
 > For four days now, I have been trying to build some simple products -
 > using the Zope Book instructions on product creation and the basic
 > objects that are created when you follow the instructions.....
 > But to no avail - I always get this same error that I haven't a clue as
 > to what it means.....
 > 159, in zpublisher_exception_hook
 >     (Object: tbContainer_factory)
 >   File /export/Zope-2.5.1-linux2-x86/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
 > /export/Zope-2.5.1-linux2-x86/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py,
 > line 473, in __call__
 >     (Object: tbContainer_add)
 >   File
 > /export/Zope-2.5.1-linux2-x86/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_With.py,
 > line 61, in render
 >     (Object: tbContainer.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST))
 >   File
 > /export/Zope-2.5.1-linux2-x86/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py,
 > line 159, in eval
 >     (Object: tbContainer.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST))
 >     (Info: REQUEST)
 >   File <string>, line 2, in f
 > NameError: global name 'tbContainer' is not defined
I have seen similar problems several times in the mailing list,
but unfortunately, I cannot see what is wrong.

   Everything seems to be fine.

   You are sure, your ZClass is named "tbContainer"?

   You are sure, the "Create ZClass instance" permission
   is mapped to some permission, the current user has?

When you like (and your Product does not reference non-core Zope products),
you can export the product and send me the result (zip'ed or gzip'ed please).
I will try to find out what happens.

Dieter