[Zope] Trapping for empty fields

McDonnell, Larry lmcdonnell@protonenergy.com
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:23:45 -0400

Hi,

I am using MS Access dbs for storage (company policy). I am starting to
create online forms so the company can collect data. There were some dbs
already created that they want access via a web browser. Some of the fields
are empty and when I try to update the record using my ZSQL Method I get the
following error message:

Error Type: sql.error
Error Value: ('S1000', -3702, "[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]
Field 'units_in_service.Hydration' cannot be a zero-length string.")
How do I trap for this error? Examples and pointers will be greatly
appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

Larry McDonnell

Proton Energy Systems
50 Inwood Rd.