[Zope] python if/else problem

Tom Germaine tgermaine@upei.ca
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:37:15 -0300

Hello All:

I am uploading a DTMLDocument using a form and python script, but I'm
stumped as to why the if/else clause in the script does not work.  The script:

import string
request = container.REQUEST
ident=request.ident
myfile=request.myfile
mytitle=request.mytitle

if ident[3:6]=='do_':
  client=context.do_
  mytitle2 = mytitle + '- AVC, Dean\'s Office'
  if ident[6:9]=='adm':
    mytitle3=mytitle2 + ', Administrative'
  elif ident[6:9]=='hr_':
    mytitle3=mytitle2 + '-, Human Resources'
  if ident:
    client.manage_delObjects([ident])
    client.manage_addDTMLDocument(id=ident,file=myfile,title=mytitle3)
  else:
    client.manage_addDTMLDocument(id=ident,file=myfile,title=mytitle3)
------
if file 'ident' exists, no problem, it is deleted and DTMLDocument is added
if file 'ident' does not exist I get the error:
Error Type: BadRequest
Error Value: (filename) does not exist

if I eliminate the 'if' part and comment out 'else' a new DTMLDocument is added
ok

What am I missing here?

Tom Germaine