[Zope] Zope on Windows, Apache on Linux ???

Jaroslav Lukesh lsh@wo.cz
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:54:50 +0200

Hi all,

I have my first complette Zope app and I need to publish it from
workstation to the net.

Does somebody let me know how to make success with %subj% and
VirtualHostMonster (or some other method of virtual domains)? I have read
many documentation about Zope and apache, but apache need local access to
Zope files.

I have low power web server linux PC with apache (486/16MB ram), and
powerfull (4xCPU, GB ram etc) NTserver with Zope. So it is possible to
connect these two different machines? My chief does not want to invest
money to better hardware for linux - it is for free, so HW must be free too
(no comment, please). Running apache on NT server is impossible from
security reasons (is on internal network, not in DMZ).

It is possible to serve pages (no more than one hit per 3-10 seconds) with
that hardwares?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards J. Lukesh