[Zope] Re: Zope 2.6 install problem __eprintf

Patrick Price jprice22@wvu.edu
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:35:49 -0400

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Patrick Price writes:
>  > ImportError: ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/python: fatal: relocation error:
>  > file /space/jprice/Zope/lib/python/ExtensionClass.so: symbol __eprintf:
>  > referenced symbol not found
> The "ExtensionClass" module wants a symbol "__eprintf".
>
> This looks like it should come from a standard library
> (all Python symbols should start with "py" or "Py").
>
> The problem may go away (not sure, though) when you regenerate
> "ExtensionClass.o" and "ExtensionClass.so". I would try to start
> from a fresh Zope source distribution.
>
> Dieter

Actually I read that __eprintf is from libgcc.a so I made sure to
compile both Python and Zope with gcc rather than the Solaris Forte
compiler.  Works good now as long as I don't try to migrate all my
Products to the new version.  What a nightmare!