[Zope] How can I prent Powerpoint with Zope?

Tim Hicks tim@sitefusion.co.uk
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 11:25:45 +0100

> > I would like to present PowerPoint on a web site.
> > The Server is a Linux box.
> > I have heard that there are tools to do this.
>
> In case you find tools, that are efficient I would appreciate if you would
> let me know - Thanks a lot!

I have a product (that I'm still developing) that connects to Powerpoint as
a COM object (i.e. on windows) and uses that to save each slide as a png.
The product is actually a pair of products: the windows end does the actual
converting and can be communicated with via xml-rpc, while the other end can
be on any OS.  See http://www.bris.ac.uk/ISC/cms/zlave.gif for a clearer
explanation.

Not sure if it would suit your needs as it does require windows.

tim