[Zope] ParsedXML trouble

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 15:53:22 -0700

> I just downloaded and installed ParsedXML 1.0 on my RH 7.2, and when I
> started up Zope I got a warning:
>
> ***
> WARNING: Python C API version mismatch for module pyexpat:
>         This Python has API version 1010, module pyexpat has version 1007.
> ***
>
> As per instructions I had installed it using python1.5. On firing up
> python1.5 I got:
>
> ***
> Python 1.5.2 (#1, Jul 5 2001, 03:02:19) [GCC 2.96 20000731 (...)]
> ***
>
> The ParsedXML product showed up in my products list unbroken and intact.
>
> When I tried to add a ParsedXML object in a folder I get:
>
> ***
>
> Error Type: SystemError
> Error Value: Python/compile.c:265: bad argument to internal function

There are several different issues here.

First, I strongly suggest you download and use the CVS version.  A number of
significant bugs have been fixed in that version.

Second, it seems that you have mixed your metaphors.  I would suggest that you
use the binary distribution for Linux.  Zope 2.5.1 seems to be the preferred
version.  It comes with Python 2.1.3 preinstalled and configured.  When you
incorporate products you need to do it relative to the Zope Python which
is located in the INSTANCE_ROOT/bin/python.

I believe that ParsedXML now requires PyXML at some level.  The instructions are
fairly complete and worked for me.