[Zope] XML and XSL question

AM list_subscriber@neurobs.com
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 03:24:39 -0700

Hi,

I have a truckload of XML documents and an XSL file from an old web
site. Originally each file was converted to HTML using msxslt and then
published onto the website.

I would like to be able to just upload all the XML files to the zope
website and also put the XSL file up there, and be able to render HTML
on the fly. ie if someone typed in http://url:8080/xml_folder/xml_file_1
he/she would see the rendered HTML in the browser. I have downloaded and
managed to install ParsedXML and XMLKit, but I have no idea hwo to go
about doing what I want. I think i saw reference to this on zope-xml
that either ParsedXML or XMLFile can be used to render HTML with an XSL
file on the fly, but it didnt mention how. So how do I go about that??

Also if my XML was in a db, is there a product that would allow me to
pull the XML out of the db and use the XSL to render it as HTML??

TIA
AM

 Aseem Mohanty
 Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
 (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231
 "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
  stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes