[Zope] Windows vs. Linux

Max M maxm@mxm.dk
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 22:44:03 +0200

Daryl Middleton wrote:

>I am interested in developing with Zope.  Is there a distinct advantage as
>to using Windows or Linux as a desktop system for development.  I am willing
>to use either system.  Thank You.

Zope runs nicely on Windows. Which is one of it's good selling points! So people who like Windows and find it adequate will also find Zope on Windows adequate.

It can be hard enough to sell a Zope solution, which most people see as a strange non-standard product, without having to sell it as a Linux based solution which even more people see as a strange non-standard platform

Let's just take the customers one step at a time here and loose the attitude. ;-)

regards Max M

    "klaatu verata niktu"