[Zope] sql_quote and missing text!

Greg Conway greg@gmlnt.com
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 17:59:52 +0100

Hi all,

Sorry, having a 'sorting out all those niggling little bits' afternoon....
:)

When I insert text into a MySQL Database, I always end up with a scenario
where users enter the ' and " character.

I've read up, and found my_sql quote for dtml-vars, that should do the
trick.

BUT.... what seems to happen after a while, if several ' characters get
entered, is that the text that has ended up between two ' characters
disappears!

Anybody know of anything I can do about this?

many thanks!

Regards,

Greg Conway.

This electronic transmission and any files attached to it are strictly
confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you are not
the intended addressee, you must not disclose, copy or take any action
in reliance of this transmission. If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify us by return and delete the same.
Further enquiries/returns can be posted to postmaster@gmlnt.com
Thank you.