[Zope] Overriding WebDAV GET?

Michael S. Fischer michael@dynamine.net
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 20:32:10 -0700

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 08:05:23PM -0700, Michael S. Fischer wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> My analysis of the source code for 2.5.1 is that there is presently no
> way to override the GET method for an object if WebDAV is being used.
>
> Is there a way to deal with this?  I want to be able to get and edit a
> certain attribute of an object (an HTMLDocument) using WebDAV but so far
> all of my attempts to patch the source have failed -- GET yields the
> rendered version of the object, which is not what I want.

Never mind, I figured it out.

Apparently you have to explicitly declare a "WebDAV Source Port" when
starting up the z2 server, and when you connect to it it will munge the
path in a GET request to call the manage_FTPget() method of the object.

Unless you have a client that supports the Source property (RFC 2518,
section 13.10.1).

--
Michael S. Fischer / michael at dynamine.net / +1 650-533-4684
Lead Hacketeer, Dynamine Consulting, Silicon Valley, CA