[Zope] ZFloatMenu Help

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 21:39:38 -0700

Hello, I am using ZFloatMenu 2.0.1 on zope 2.4.3, cmf 1.1, winxp.  I have
created a zfloatmenu called hr_menu, and added a folder menu with a folder
property value of hr, where hr is a portal_folder.  hr_menu and hr are in
the root of my cmf portal.

I can click on Preview, and the menu shows up.  I can call
http://mysite.com/portal/hr_menu/render and the menu shows up.  I have not
been able to insert hr_menu into another page using any of the following:

<dtml-var hr_menu>
<dtml-var "hr_menu.render">
<dtml-var "hr_menu.render()">
<dtml-var "hr_menu.folder_menu">
where folder_menu is the folder menu inside of hr_menu.

The relevant html source output I get is below, along with my <td></td>
around the zfloatmenu.  What I see on the screen is nothing - it's blank
where there should be the menu.

Thanks for any help on how to display the menu.

-Scott

<!-- Start menu script -->
<script language="javascript"><!--
menunum=0;
dumpedmenunum=0;
menus=new Array();
_d=document;
function addmenu() {
    menunum++;
    menus[menunum]=menu;
}
function dumpmenus() {
    mt="<script language=javascript>";
    for(a=dumpedmenunum+1;a<menus.length;a++) {
        mt+=" menu"+a+"=menus["+a+"];";
    }
    dumpedmenunum=menus.length-1;
    mt+="<\/script>";
    _d.write(mt);
}
//--></script>
<script language="javascript"><!--

menuEffect="";
timegap=500;
followspeed=5;
followrate=40;
suboffset_top=10;
suboffset_left=10;

// Menu Visuals
menuStyle=["#436976", "#ffffff", "#436976", "#dee7ec", "#436976", "12px",
"normal", "normal", "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif", "1 12 1 5",
"misc_/ZFloatMenu/ZFMArrowR", , "#e0e0e0", "#808080", "#436976", "#ffffff",
"misc_/ZFloatMenu/ZFMArrowD", "#436976", "#ffffff", ];
addmenu(menu=["ZFM_hr_menu", , , , 1, "left", menuStyle, 1, "left",
menuEffect, 0, 1, , "", , , 0, , , , ,
,"Employee
Info","show-menu=ZFM_hr_menu_folder_menu","http://localhost/portal/portal/hr
","http://localhost/portal/portal/hr",1
]);
addmenu(menu=["ZFM_hr_menu_folder_menu", , , , 1, "", menuStyle, 0, "left",
menuEffect, 0, 0, , "", , , 0, , , , ,
,"Forms","http://localhost/portal/portal/hr/Forms",,"Forms",1
,"Recruiting","http://localhost/portal/portal/hr/Recruiting",,"Recruiting",1
,"Benefits","http://localhost/portal/portal/hr/benefits",,"Benefits",1
,"General
Information","http://localhost/portal/portal/hr/employee_info",,"General
Information",1
]);

dumpmenus();

//--></script>
<script language="javascript"
src="http://localhost/portal/portal/hr_menu/ZFMScript"
type="text/javascript"></script>
<!-- End menu script -->
The information contained in this email message may be privileged and is
confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient or any
employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient.
Any unauthorized use, distribution or copying of this information is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the
original message and all attachments from your electronic files.