[Zope] Zope Binary Release Changes for Zope 2.6

Matthew T. Kromer zope-dev@zope.org
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:57:14 -0400

Zope is currently released in three binary formats:

    Windows - i386

     Solaris 2.6 - SPARC

     Linux RH 5.2 - i386

All binary releases come with python 2.1.3, built without large file
support.

We are proposing to change the binary distributions to newer releases,
at least on the Solaris and Linux platforms.

The new Solaris binary would be Solaris 2.8.

The new Linux binary would be RedHat 7.2 based (i.e. glibc 2.1).

It is very likely that the supplied Pythons would be built with large
file support *enabled* for these platform, unless some unforseen
compatibility issue arose.

If there are requirements for keeping the binary distributions based on
the older software, we need to understand these requirements.  Please
follow up with this thread on the zope-dev@zope.org list if you wish to
participate.

--
Matt Kromer