[Zope] Gripe of the day: "Undefined" error in page templates

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 11:28:08 -0700

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 05:30:23PM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> Paul Winkler wrote:
> > I really, *really* wish that referring to an undefined name in
> > a page template would tell you WHAT is undefined.
>
> Look down at the bottom of the traceback ;-)
>
> Chris - stockist of Dime Bars

Uh... whoops, normally it's fine.
To be precise, the bottom of the traceback just says "see above",
but the exception message itself gives the name of the
missing object loud and clear.

It appears that the error messages I'm complaining about,
which do NOT give the missing object name, are specific to some
in-house plone skins we're using.

So the gripe of the day has just bounced off Zope and stuck
to me. :-\

--

Paul Winkler
"Welcome to Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"