[Zope] User Folder default behavior

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 23:51:48 +0200

Charlie Reiman wrote:

> Okay. That seems reasonable. But it brings up a second question: Is it
> supposed to work?
>
> I turned on encrytption, then clicked on "update passwords". I was then
> completely unable to sign on with any of those accounts. I had to create the
> emergency user, turn off encryption, and change the user passwords to force
> them to store as clear text again.
>
> I've done this on two different servers so far with identical results (both
> 2.5.1). Does anyone have this turned on and working?

Yes, I have, with the same caveat.

Funnily the starting message of this thread alerted me to this option in
2.5 (before I used 2.3.3). Did the same thing as you, "update
passwords", and was immediatly logged out (403).
Had also to resort to emergency user.

Anyway, I deleted the accounts and recreated them, now it apparently
works with encryption.

Maybe it doesn't work when a user which is defined in this same folder
starts the password updating process.

cheers,
oliver