[Zope] recovering root from rogue external method

Tim x@vex.net
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 03:15:49 -0400

I had Zope set up on a FreeBSD box, but being too slow i moved it to a
faster Windows box (faster hardware with more ram, not faster
OS...)... I took the Data.fs over there, and everything seems fine...

Except I can't access the root folder of the management interface. The
problem seems to be an External method i was monkeying around trying
to get working on the other box. I was getting an import error. I
moved the script to the windows box (zhtml.py). But now I get "Failed
to import class TABLE from module ZODB.zhtml" ... the class is there
though?

Any hints how i can get rid of this messed up object and stop my root
management folder from crashing? (I don't care about recovering the
external method -- it never worked... it was an experiment of long ago
which i'd practically forgotten about)...

It would be ever so convenient to be able to access that root folder
again! I was thinking i could list/remove objects from the ZODB
programmatically? I just don't have the Zope knowledge, alas...

--
Tim Middleton | Cain Gang Ltd | I'd ha' been a better man all my life if
x@veX.net     | www.Vex.Net   | I'd known there were things like this. (CSL)