[Zope] tables in DTML methods interpreted with fmt=structured-text

A M Thomas am@virtueofthesmall.com
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:00:21 -0400

Hi there,

I was interested in reading about the new formatting for expressing
tables in structured text.  I'm having problems getting tables in
structure text to work at all - still.

I'm using Zope 2.5.1, and found the structured text Python module and
the documentation that was mentioned earlier, so I'm pretty sure it's
the right version (earlier I was using 2.5.0, if that makes any
difference).

My site stores text in a DTML method, then displays it within a page
using <dtml-var TheTextObject fmt=structured-text>.  Structured Text in
general seems to work, putting in paragraph tags where there are blank
lines, handing **strong** and *emphasized* text, etc. - but the tables
don't seem to be working.

For example, this:

|-----------------------------------------------------------|
|    Your **name**: | <input name="sender_name">            |
|-----------------------------------------------------------|
|  Your **e-mail**: | <input name="sender_email">           |
|-----------------------------------------------------------|
| Your **comment**: | <textarea name="sender_comment">      |
|                   | </textarea>                           |
|-----------------------------------------------------------|

renders with the three label words in <strong> tags, but the dashes and
pipe characters are right there in the output HTML.  This is all inside
<Form> and </form> tags, although I can't imagine that making a
difference.

Is "fmt=structured-text" not the same as the structured text I'm
thinking of?  Where have I gone wrong?  I know I'm probably missing
something obvious.

I will be grateful for any advice.

Thanks,
Am