[Zope] Generic Content Object for use with Page Templates

Juan David Ibáñez Palomar j-david@noos.fr
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 23:13:59 +0200

Hi Tim,

The ancestor of the Page Templates is HiperDOM, the last versions
of HiperDOM released by Lalo Martins had a class named DataObject
whose purpose is exactly the one you describe. So the idea was
HiperDOM templates for presentation and DataObject instances for
content (just replace HiperDOM by ZPT or DTML).

You can still get HiperDOM from:

  http://www.zope.org/Members/lalo/HiperDom/

Unfortunately Zope don't has any standard object for this, and
development of DataObject stopped with the development of HiperDOM,
as far as I know.

But, the DataObject class inspired what now is the LocalContent
class of the Localizer product. The LocalContent class is specially
focused in multilingual content. But, of course, you can use it to
store only one language version, after all multilingual content can
be seen as a generalization of monolingual content.

If you're interested you can download Localizer from:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/lleu

If you want to try it use Localizer 0.8.1, the 0.9.0 version
depends on Zope 2.6 (because it needs the Unicode support that
Zope 2.6 includes).

Best regards,