[Zope] Using CVS with Zope

Alejandro Fernandez shomon@softhome.net
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:06:51 +0200

Hi,

I'm new to CVS and we've been told at my work that from now on everything
should go in CVS: even the images, html and dtml files I work on in Zope.

I use ExternalEditor to do edits, so pretty much everything I edit goes
into my /tmp dir when I update it, and maybe there's a way to do CVS
updates based on files in here, by writing some little script to copy
these files to a cvs directory whenever they are updated. This is the way
I was thinking of going: first:

mkdir myzopedir
wget -r ftp://username:password@zopeserver.com
cvs import myzopedir

then when making edits

cvs update *
(check them, fix if necessary)
cvs commit individual files

But maybe someone else already does this, or there might be a product to
help? Any idea?

Thanks,

Ale

--