[Zope] [Re] External Editor 0.5 Problem win98 Zope

Elena Schulz elena.schulz@gmx.net
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 19:04:33 +0200

Hi Casey,

I registered the .dtml for the editor "E:\EditPlus\editplus.exe" but with no
effect. So I changed the
ZopeEdit.ini:

---- snip

(I tried with and without "" no change)
editor = "E:\EditPlus\editplus.exe"

----- snip

[meta-type:DTML Document]
extension=.dtml

[meta-type:DTML Method]
extension=.dtml

[meta-type:Script (Python)]
extension=.py

[meta-type:Page Template]
extension=.pt

--- snip

this is the content of the last zopeedit traceback file
(but they aren't generated everytime it fails
because there were only two of them and I tried often):

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 732, in ?
IndexError: list index out of range

Thanks a lot for your effords,

Elena

You wrote:

If you are trying to edit dtml or zpt objects, you may need to register the
.dtml and .pt file extensions with Windows or alternately specify the editor
in the ZopeEdit.ini file.

Also, look in you temp directory for zopeedit traceback files. If you see
one
or more, send the most recent one to me and I will look into it for you.

hth,

-Casey