[Zope] dtml-if fustration!

Greg Conway greg@gmlnt.com
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 17:56:34 +0100

Hi all,

I have a fustrating problem with dtml-if's!! I've tried to work round it in
many ways, but there is probably an easy one I am overlooking knowing my
luck...

Anyway... Consider the following dtml-if statement:

    <dtml-if SelectSID>
      SelectSID = <dtml-var SelectSID>
      <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('SelectSID', SelectSID)">
    </dtml-if>

This works okay, and stores the variable SelectSID in the request for the
code to pick up again on it's next pass.

However, on the next pass, the variable SelectSID doesn't exist! As the
variable is now REQUEST.SelectSID - and the following code doesn't work....

    <dtml-if "REQUEST.SelectSID">
      SelectSID = <dtml-var SelectSID>
      <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('SelectSID', REQUEST.SelectSID)">
    </dtml-if>

...as an error is thrown up if REQUEST.SelectSID doesn't exist!

Anybody got a simple answer to my dilemma?!!

Many thanks for any help!

Regards,

Greg Conway.

This electronic transmission and any files attached to it are strictly
confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you are not
the intended addressee, you must not disclose, copy or take any action
in reliance of this transmission. If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify us by return and delete the same.
Further enquiries/returns can be posted to postmaster@gmlnt.com
Thank you.