[Zope] Crypt equivalent for Zope?

Andy Dustman andy@dustman.net
26 Aug 2002 20:09:28 -0400

On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 13:57, Alec Munro wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm storing users in Mysql, and doing custom authentication on them. I
> want to know if Zope has access to the crypt function, or if there is
> something equivalent that is preferred. Thanks.

I did some digging into this last night and discovered that Zope's
password authentication function recognizes LDAP-style password encoding
prefixes. For UNIX crypt password, use this in your SELECT:

SELECT ..., CONCAT('{CRYPT}', passwd) AS password ...

This is real easy to do with SimpleUserFolder (on zope.org). A couple Z
SQL Methods and you are done.

A couple other encodings are recognized (SHA, SHAA); see
AccessControl/AuthEncoding.py for more details. I believe it is possible
to add other encodings with your own products.

n.b. I thought that LDAP's password encoding names were either
lower-case or case-insensitive, but all the Zope encoding names are
upper-case.

--
Andy Dustman         PGP: 0x930B8AB6
    @       .net     http://dustman.net/andy