[Zope] Newbiw: How to use Zope for simple CMS sharing docs (word,etc) and

Niels Petersen nielspeter@bigfoot.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 18:57:14 +0000

Dear Zopers,

have installed Zope and even plone (great UI!), am technically capable but
new to Zope/Python.

I was hoping to get the above subject up and running with minimum effort but
am stuck - here my "requirements" - any and all suggestions on how to
implement these (with min programming) welcome:

* Simple CMS portal for sharing files (word docs, ppt,etc)
* Ability to categorize" files into "folders" (like "designdoc",
"customerdoc",etc)
* Easy mechanism for uploading/downloading files (somehow explorer like woul
be great)
* Simple discussion forum/news section
* User management (site only accessible to registered users)

Nice2Have:
* Versioning of files - at minimum some method of notifying that one member
is currently updating a file..
* Use filesystem (and NOT ZODB) for storage of all files
*

I am the opinion that Zope can do most (all) of this but need pointers to
where to start and/or if anybody out there has some pre-packaged solution..

Thanks,

Niels