[Zope] feature request: change permissions of selected objects

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 22:44:01 +0200

M HEYDTMANN writes:
 > I have now about 100
 > pages which I want to write protect in that way.
 > An elegant solution would be being able to click on the
 > pages, then have a button at the botton (like the
 > one "rename") which leads to the normal Zope Security
 > display to set the permissions for all of the selected
 > pages.
Then do it:

  The source for the page with the "rename" button in
  "OFS/dtml/main.dtml".

  Copy and customize it, give it an additional "change_access"
  button (or, better, replace all existing buttons with the
  "change_access").

  Use a Python Script as the forms action.
  It iterates through the selected objects and sets their permission.
  How to do this, you can learn by looking at "AccessControl/DTM/access.dtml".

 > (In my context a button for print selected pages would also
 > be useful.)
I expect, you mean printing at your desktop, not the server?

  This can only be prepared by Zope (it does not control your
  desktop printer). You form action would build a composite view
  of all selected objects and send it to the browser. There, you
  can press "print".

Dieter