[Zope] ZPT: examples in The Zope Book don't work

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 22:26:41 +0200

Joseph A. Knapka writes:
 > After cut&pasting the code from the "compoundInterest"
 > example in chapter 5 of TZB into my ZMI, they didn't
 > work. The interestDisplay template, confronted with
 > that "years" was undefined.
 > Changing it to
 > Similarly, all references to request variables
 > in the invocation of the Python script had to be
 > changed from "variable" to "request.variable".
 >
 > Am I missing something here, or is this the way
 > templates are supposed to work?
When "variable" is defined in "request", you need to access it
with "request/variable". That's as it should be.

Make a comment in the commentable version of the Zope Book (2_6Edition),
such that is gets fixed for the next release.

Dieter