[Zope] Recommended Zope book?

Julian Melville jmelville@selectaustralasia.com.au
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:42:51 +1000

> a: the zope bible

I got good mileage out of this one - I initially wrote it off as a book with
a very high screenshot to quality ratio, but it's worth spending a proper 20
minutes at the bookstore having a read of some of the middle chapters,
because there's lots in there. The screenshot count just means you can read
it on the bus and not get lost!

It's the first book I've read that has a decent, well-paced coverage of
developing a Python-based product iteratively, and it explains quite a lot
of why each change is made as the product is built.

(speaking as someone who's used Zope/DTML/other people's products for a
while but hasn't explored much further until recently)

It has a pretty good chapter on ZPT, including TAL and METAL. That, the
online tutorials and a bit of practice are really all you need; ZPT is
really pretty simple and doesn't seem to have as many nasty edge cases as
DTML.

Cheers,

Julian.