[Zope] folder name problem

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 09:43:21 -0600

    >> It clearly isn't in use in this folder. Is this some kind of reserved
    >> word in Zope?

    Jamie> yes

Is there some way to discover what these reserved names are, or do people
have to just stumble upon them?  For example, I have an SQL table I'd like
to populate via Zope.  It makes sense for me to name the fields in my
Formulator form the same as the column names in the table.  I can't always
do this however, because I run into name clashes (like "title").  It's
frustrating to me that there is no namespace separation between names used
internally to Zope objects and objects created by users.  If anything, it
seems to me it should be Zope's internals which are forced to qualify names
with special prefixes and suffixes, not Zope programmers.  The affected
population will be much smaller.

--
Skip Montanaro - skip@pobox.com
http://www.mojam.com/