TransparentFolder (was: Re: [Zope] Help! I need an old Debian package.)

Jo Meder jo@meder.de
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 01:09:43 +0100

Am 03.12.2002, 11:13 Uhr
	schrub Kyler Laird <Kyler@Lairds.com>:

> > > I'm screwed without TransparentFolder.  I *really*
> > > need to get that working.
>
> I don't think I can stress quite how awful it would have
> been for me to lose TransparentFolder.  It would ruin a lot
> of people's weeks.
[...]
> I was warned that it could just stop working at any time, so I've been
> a little gun shy.

Same situation here. If TransparentFolders stopped working with any
future Zope release we'd have to stick with the last version prior to
that.

I'd second TransparentFolder as a feature request for Zope.  They are
really useful to structure storage without complicating URLs if you know
what you're doing. Of course you have to be careful wrt duplicate ids.

	Jo.

--
Internetmanufaktur Jo Meder ---------------------- Berlin, Germany
http://www.meder.de/ ------------------- fon: ++49-30-417 17 63 33