[Zope] ZClass inheritance bug?

Patrick Stinson ajole-1@gci.net
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 13:07:54 -0000

I created a ZClass [from the web-interface] in a product with a certain dtml
method, then inherited another ZClass from it. after attempting to
re-distribute the product to move it to another machine, I noticed that the
product was no-longer redistributable, and therefore I could not edit any of
the classes within it.

What I decided to do was import/export all of the ZObjects in the product
manually and import them into a new product on a different machine (which
I'll have to do when I move it again to my production machine). Everything
seems to have worked fine except that the second ZClass' methods that should
have been inherited from the first ZClass seem to have been permenantly
cached and frozen in that class in their forms from the moment the first
ZClass was exported and re-imported.

I can't modify the stale methods because they were inherited, and therefore
have to management interface in the subclass. Is there a way to resolve
this? Also, the re-distribution problem is fairly severe unless everyone
develops on production servers...

-P