[Zope] Hiding behind Apache - how to get true physical path?

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 22:30:45 -0600

    Dieter> When you do it right, there may be no need to know about the
    Dieter> "Zope" intermediate URL segment. Personally, I would go for such
    Dieter> a solution.

Any clues?  If I want to send back a redirect, how to I "do it right" so the
browser at the other end gets a valid URL?  Someone else mentioned SiteRoot
but the docs made me suspect a simple mistake would break things badly.

You mentioned VirtualHostMonster, but I can't find any docs about it at all.
I tried creating one.  When I select it, the Mapping tab says I don't need
to use that tab if I run Apache in front of Zope (which is the case for this
particular installation).  The About tab mentions stuff like VirtualHostBase
and VirtualHostRoot but gives no clues about where to set them.  There are
no other tabs and no help link.  Searching the help stuff for
VirtualHostMonster returns no matches.

Where am I supposed to edit the dang thing?  Apache proxies requests for

    http://www.thishost.com/Zope/...

to Zope.  So http://www.thishost.com/Zope/xyz refers to the xyz object in my
SiteRoot.  When I call xyz.absolute_url() or xyz.getPhysicalPath() from a
Python script I want some indication that the URL contains "/Zope/..." as
the path prefix.

--
Skip Montanaro - skip@pobox.com
http://www.mojam.com/