[Zope] How to check with ZOPE/Python if file "x.html" exists in path container.REQUEST.PARENTS[0].getPhysicalPath()?

Thomas Duebendorfer duebendorfer@tik.ee.ethz.ch
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 16:51:44 +0100 (CET)

I simply want to check in a ZOPE/Python script, whether the file "x.html"
exists at the exact path defined by container.REQUEST.PARENTS[0].getPhysicalPath().
And I want to make sure that ZOPE does NO TRAVERSAL, i.e. does not
look in folders above the given path in case the file was not found.

The statement path = container.REQUEST.PARENTS[0].getPhysicalPath()
returns correctly something like:
path = "('', 'silva', 'kom', 'web', 'topic1', 'subtopic1a')"

The Python script "checkFile.py" to check for the file will reside at
/silva/kom/checkFile.py and is called from a tal:define="fileExists
python:here.checkFile('x.html'))" in /silva/kom/web/main.html.

Any idea how I can do that? Thanks for your answers.

Regards,

 Thomas