[Zope] Newbie ZClass confusion

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 22:50:35 +0100

joseph toman writes:
 > >The following is a python constructor that I usually use. I call this
 > >constructor from an html form that sets all of the new object's properties.
 > >notice the 'ProductName' and 'ZClassName' (fill those in).
 > >

 > Thanks. I modified it slightly and it works fine. A few questions if I
 > might:
 >
 > manage_addProduct['ProductName']
 >
 > This is a dictionary of products ?
No, "manage_addProduct" returns a "ProductDispatcher" instance
(class defined in the "App" package).
However, it defines a partial mapping API (it defines "__getitem__",
therefore, you can access it via "[...]").

 > createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST)
 >
 > Is this method documented somewhere?
It is a ZClass method ("ZClasses.ZClass.ZClass").
There is a little source code documentation for its definition
(a so called "DocString").

Dieter