[Zope] ZClass permissions

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 22:34:03 +0100

Patrick Stinson writes:
 > why is it that an anonymous user is not granted access to the ZClasses in
 > product management? {dumb question, I'm sure].
Did you allow it?

  By default, a new permission is defined that protects your
  ZClass.
  You find it in your product with a name derived from
  "permission" and the name of your ZClass.

  By default, the new permission is granted only to "Manager".
  You can change this in the "Security" tab of the folder or
  object, you want it to be changed.
  In the root object when you want to change it globally.

ZClass permissions are highly customizable.
You do this in the "Permission mapping" tab.
It is not easy to understand. Read the relevant chapter in the
Zope Book carefully.

Dieter