[Zope] Detect ZOPE version inside a product

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Fri, 06 Dec 2002 10:05:12 +0100

Hi Gabriel,

--On Freitag, 6. Dezember 2002 04:07 -0300 Gabriel Genellina
<gagenellina@softlab.com.ar> wrote:

> Hi
>
> How could I detect the running Zope version inside a product?
> I need to do that at the module level, in the initialization stage.

I'm not sure if its wise to make decicions based on version numbers.
You cant know if the user of your product has a highly patched
version of zope which whould in fact allow her to run your
product.

I'd suggest to check for existence of methods and objects
and wether they work as expected which are essential for
your product. Provide the user with appropriate error
messages if not.

Regards
Tino