[Zope] Accessing Content of a Page Template In Python

Edward Pollard pollej@uleth.ca
Fri, 06 Dec 2002 11:54:20 -0700

Straight out: is it possible?

If I have a text file in a directory, I can get the content from it from
simply
eg
theContent = context.myFile

How can I get the content out of a Page Template object?

A related problem I have is that I can call my script from the context
of a file object, but not a Page Template.
eg.
myFile/myScript

This allows me to access the file as 'context'. Now, I want this script
to work on Files and Page Templates, but when I try to access
myPageTemplate/myScript, it simply displays the rendered template. Is
there any way to do something like this?

Thanks,

Ed