[Zope] attributeerror domains when editing a user

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 23:58:16 +0100

Fred Melssen writes:
 > I can add and remove users in [acl_users]. But it is not possible to
 > edit a user. I get the error message [error type: AttributeError, error
 > value: domains] below. It does not make any difference if I fill in a
 > domain or not. I am *very* happy if someone can help me.
 >     (Object: _editUser)
 >   File /zope/lib/python/App/special_dtml.py, line 172, in _exec
 >     (Object: _editUser)
 >   File /zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py, line 159, in eval
 >     (Object: user.domains)
 >     (Info: user)
 >   File <string>, line 0, in ?
 > AttributeError: (see above)
It looks as if the "user" object magically looses its "domains" attribute.

I see no reason why this can happen.
Maybe, you upgrade to Zope 2.5.1 (recommended anyway).
I use it and I could not reproduce your problem.

Dieter