[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] Zope Book call for assistance

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Sat, 07 Dec 2002 01:13:11 +0100

Hi Chris,

--On Freitag, 6. Dezember 2002 09:50 -0500 Chris McDonough
<chrism@zope.com> wrote:

>> erm... would "advanced DTML" not be the short sentence:
>> "avoid DTML where you can"? ;)
>
> That'd be ok, except that DTML can of course do things that ZPT can't,
> yada yada yada.

These are exactly the things you shouldn't neither do in DTML
nor in ZPT :-)

I'd start the lessons with ZPT to only show static content
and may be macros.
Then the logical order would be introduction to python
scripts without HTML output - only show how they are
used to calculate and output simple values, lists,
dictionaries and so on.
Next chapter should show how one uses the scripts with
ZPT to provide output into HTML.
Then the usual things like Catalog, ZSQL, important
API parts, etc.

Don't you think this would be clearer for the beginner?

Regards
Tino