[Zope] Dumb question: Can Zope be used as a LDAP server?

Luis Cortes news@conquered.org
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 16:06:10 -0700

Sorry, I like a common look and feel.

I have been looking at all the available LDAP clients, and they all have
their pro's and con's ( java, c, perl, python, web based, k or g).  Looking
at LDAP itself, I can't explain why we need it since we have so many things
like it including Zope (or vice-versa depending on your point of view).

I been working on a comprehesive Linux Administration solution that doesn't
jump you around to 12 different interfaces to get you what you need,
unfortunately, this proves to be almost impossible.  Most people write
non-intuitive interfaces (myself included), so I have ended up with a
montley crew of utilities that do - what I consider to be, comprehensive
Linux administration.

Okay, no more complaining.  I need only zope to provide minimal support for
LDAP.  I guess that might include LDAP protocol, a port (389), and a way to
suggest to zope that a directory is really LDAP and that objects are really
LDAP objects.  And that's it. ( I make it sound easier than it is right? ).

Well, let me get back to my drudgery, I was thinking about writing a book --
Notes for Beginning Linux Administrators ( or how to annoy hard working
Zopist ).

Smile,
Bye,
Luis.